China Industry Blog

Share this page:
  • WechatIMG4841
    CCUS in China: Unlocking the Potential Opportunities of Carbon Utilization and Storage
     classification:Decarbonization 

    [Snapshot]
    1. To achieve carbon neutrality, CCUS decarbonization technology will be necessary for hard-to-abate sectors such as cement, steel etc. For instance, in the cement sector, the replacement of green electricity and green fuels could only cut 40% of emissions. The rest 60% cut might only be...

  • photo-1585252155261-cff31944d781
    China's Emissions Trading: The Opportunities Ahead
     classification:Decarbonization 

    In brief:
    1. Although financial investors both home and abroad are temporarily excluded from the national ETS, it is likely that they will be introduced in the near term.
    2. Once financial investors are involved and derivative products are adopted, the national carbon market could grow further an...

  • WechatIMG2962
    China’s Renewable Energy: Offshore Wind Takes Off, What Does the Future Hold?
     classification:Decarbonization Digitalization & Energy Power Industry Wind Power 

    [Snapshot]
    1. Renewable energy mismatch in China has raised concerns over the coastal region’s carbon neutrality progress, offshore wind could be one solution.
    2. Although the dramatic surge of offshore wind in 2021 was mostly due to the cancellation of national subsidies, there are several reaso...

  • WechatIMG1811
    China's Green Electricity Pilot Trade In a Nutshell
     classification:Decarbonization Power Industry 

    Snapshot:
    1. To further boost renewable energy development and reduce carbon emissions, China’s green electricity pilot trade program was launched in Sep. 2021 by the National Development and Reform Commission, the country’s top economic regulator.
    2.Previously under the conventional mid-to-long ...

  • cover
    FCEV Operators in Logistics Industry in China
     classification:Fuel Cell Hydrogen 

    The FCEV logistics operation business in China emerged in 2017, with the establishment of STNE and its astonishing news of immediately deploying 500 Dongfeng FC light-duty trucks in Shanghai. This article will explore the current situation and business model of the 3 major FCEV operators in China.

  • 図1
    China’s Demand Response in Action
     classification:Digitalization & Energy Power Industry 

    Snapshot:
    1. To realize carbon neutrality and maintain a sustainable green economy, China will use more renewable-energy power and further marketize the power industry. Under this background, the government has eyed managing demand-side resources, instead of heavily exploiting fossil-based resourc...

  • WechatIMG159
    China Raises Cap on Electricity Price: What has Changed and Possible Impact for Business
     classification:Digitalization & Energy Power Industry 

    Snapshot:
    1. Electricity prices for coal-fired power are allowed to rise to 20% against the benchmark price, compared to a previous cap of 10%. In reality, the price has surged to the highest ceiling price in many provinces.
    2. Electricity cost for high energy consumption entities is not subject ...

  • OIP-C.VCVv3zsx40ec07XO71J3uQHaEh
    The Awakening of Energy Storage Deployment in China
     classification:Energy storage Power Industry Solar Power Wind Power 

    Energy storage is highly complementary for the large-scale deployment of renewable sectors and is commonly regarded as the missing link between intermittent renewable power and 24/7 reliability. It can mitigate the issues of fluctuated production of renewable energy, meanwhile providing power source...